Friday, July 12, 2013

Easy enchiladas - chicken and cheese


Here is the "recipe" for my super easy enchiladas. They are delish and really quick and easy to make.
This recipe will make one 9 x 13 pan of enchiladas. 





I usually use a rotisserie chicken. I remove the breast meat and shred it up. 
Set it aside to fill the enchiladas. You can also use whatever kind of chicken 
you want, boiled, baked, grilled, etc. 


1 large can of enchilada sauce. I always buy mild but my family says it's still 
pretty spicy, so be aware of that! The can should be about 28 oz or so.



1 pack of soft taco sized flour tortillas. I prefer the Mission brand, 
as they are super soft and yummy.




Cheeeeese! Use whatever your heart desires. 
I like a blend of colby jack and cheddar but any kind will do. 




I use a large pirex baking dish. 9 x 13 fits all 10 soft taco size tortillas

I start by giving the dish a coating of enchilada sauce. It gives the tortillas a moist base
to lay and keeps them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

I pour the sauce into a large mixing bowl. From there I dip a tortilla into the sauce and coat it
entirely. I then move the tortilla to the baking dish. Add shredded chicken and a layer of cheese
and then roll the tortilla up and start a line of tortillas in the dish.

Repeat this step with the remaining tortillas until the pan is full.

pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, top with lots of cheese and pop it
into the oven at 375 for about 10-15 mins or until the cheese is melty and oooey gooey.

Remove from the oven and let stand for about 10 mins.

My family likes to eat it with a dollop of sour cream on top to help cool down the spice. 

Enjoy!!!





5 comments:

  1. we make almost the same ones! well bryce does. this is one of his favorite meals to make and eat! he adds in jalapeno's! then i make my amazing guac!

    could the gfu come to dinner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Did this recipe come with an invite to dinner?
    I could bring salad and dessert :)
    Stay happy.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete